So many parents have been reaching out on social media about what to do with their kiddos during this time.
It can be hard to find movies that are fun for the family without any inappropriate language or violence. I am starting a list here that I will build on and add to. While they aren’t educational, quite a few are based on books and I find my oldest often wants to read the book before or after watching. These are safe and enjoyable and we are all reaching for that right now. I hope these bring joy to your home as they have to ours. Feel free to share any you’ve discovered in the comments.
- Stargirl (Disney+)
- Jinxed (Netflix)
- Hop (Netflix)
- A Dog’s Purpose (Amazon)
- Bridge to Terabithia (Netflix)
- Because of Winn Dixie (Disney+)
- Wonder (Amazon)
- Freaky Friday (Disney+)
- Aladdin (Disney+)
- Mr. Popper’s Penguins (Amazon)
- A Series of Unfortunate Events (Netflix – mine loved the SERIES. The movie, not so much.)
- Scales: Mermaids are Real (Netflix)
- Wonder Park (Amazon)
(FYI: I’m a parent of two girls, ages 6 and 10 so this list will apply more to that subgroup.)